Today I wired the chicken coop, adding an electrical outlet. The coop transformation is coming along, but the weather is still a little brisk at night. A plug would allow me to move their chick heater outside, to keep them warm.
I ran the wire into the coop and wired the electrical outlet.
Then, I ran about 150 feet of wire to the barn which already has electricity. I stripped the wire and wired the plug.
Finally, I plugged my newly wired outlet in … and the plug tester told me I had wired it backwards.
After rechecking my wiring, I found and correct the problem. The plug tester gave me two thumbs up, and the project was a success!