I started working on replacing the coop windows today. The several panes were broken and covered with bits of packing tape. The new windows are a bit smaller (but they didn’t cost of a fortune, either), so it will take a bit of finagling. However, the new windows have tempered glass, so they should be more resistant to breakage.
The first step was to rip all the old windows. I was surprised how quickly they came out. The only difficulty is that the windows had these long springs that wanted to jump out and whack me in the face every time I removed a window.
Here’s a view from the outside:
Tomorrow I’ll be working on installing the new windows!