Chicken Coop Windows, Part 2

1 minute read Published:

I continued replacing the coop windows. I built a wooden frame around each window and then joined the two frames together.

Thanks Dad for the table saw, I put it to good use :)
Thanks Dad for the table saw, I put it to good use :)

Then I installed the windows, framing the space around the windows as these are smaller than the ones they are replacing.

At this point, I'm feeling good about the project
At this point, I'm feeling good about the project

Things were really starting to come together, but the project started to derail when I installed the plywood. I didn’t purchase sheets wide enough, so I had to cut and install two smaller pieces. I must of measured incorrectly, because I had a couple inch gap in the middle. I cut another piece to cover the gap, but now it looks kind of funky. I’m not too concerned about it, though, because I have plans which will cover this space up.

It's not be prettiest, but it works
It's not be prettiest, but it works

The great news is that with the windows complete, I can finally move the chickens out of our house and into their new home!

They seem to like it :)
They seem to like it :)
LL